Today’s the 2nd anniversary of my retirement. Many thx to family & friends that have made this time an amazing & unbelievable adventure. Here’s lessons learned.
1. My dress shoes are now Havaianas with ‘bling.’
2. My inner child is better than ever.
3. If it’s below 70F degrees (21C), I don’t go.
4. My time & my health are priceless.
5. Rediscovering who I am required removing layers of piled-on expectations, social pressures & stress.
6. Doing what you want, when you want takes time & practice, but most of all creativity.
7. Spending time with friends, enjoying nature’s beauty, watching my favorite movie for the 1000th time, or napping isn’t wasting time at all.
8. My life is so much bigger that a single zip code, job title, nationality, or identity.
9. I cherish my family & friends even more.
10. AND I was blessed to have a father who taught me the value & pride of a job well done; and a mom & grandparents who taught me the sacrifice & disciple to save, save, save- even when I didn’t want to do it.
About LindaDr. Linda Orozco was born and raised in Los Angeles. She travels extensively, and enjoys surfing & running. She believes through immersion in world cultures, customs, music, events, and language we learn the art of living with grace, appreciation, and kindness. She holds a Ph.D. in educational administration, and her career spans over 40 years of service to K-university students. She currently divides her time enjoying the amazing beauty of Rio de Janeiro. Brazil; Amalfi Coast, Italy; Waikiki, Hawaii; & her hometown of Newport Beach, California.